Friday 31 December 2010

Reza Shahabi sends a New Year message of thanks from his prison ward

To workers and workers' Organizations throughout the world!

On the occasion of the coming New Year, year 2011, I would like to extend my congratulations to all my beloved co-workers and fellow-workers throughout the world.

While me and my fellow workers have been incarcerated due to our advocacy of workers' rights in Iran, and because of our demands for creation of independent workers' organizations in Iran, many workers' organizations throughout the world have rallied in our support, and have condemned the treatment we have received in jail.

Also, while I was on my hunger strike, I received a multitude of support from workers and their organizations throughout the world. I would like to acknowledge and thank all of you for your messages of solidarity.

Hopefully through our solidarity we shall be able to overcome all obstacles in achieving our goals of justice, freedom and equality, and through our daily efforts transcend Capitalism and achieve what rightly belongs to us.

I wish for a day when all of us will be able to live a decent and humane life, without any wars or violence.

In the end I wish all of you a happy New Near, full of success, health and unity. I warmly shake all your hands

Reza Shahabi
Incarcerated Worker
Ward 209, Evin Prison, Tehran

December 26, 2010
5th of Day, 1389

Translated by International Alliance in Support of Workers in Iran (IASWI)
www.workers-iran.org

No comments:

Post a Comment